Travel to Cuba Legally! Support for the Cuban People Explained
WAYS TO COMPLY WITH THE “SUPPORT FOR THE CUBAN PEOPLE” CATEGORY
- Gift needed items like toiletries, home goods, gently worn clothing/footwear and confectionaries.
- Lodge at a private Bed and Breakfast (B&B).
- Use private transportation.
- Eat at private restaurants.
- Visit with Cuban families and learn about their lives.
- Engage with locals (car readers, artists, musicians, book sellers, etc.)
- Use a private Cuban guide to show you best that Cuba has to offer.
- Engage in these type of activities full time (minimum of 6 hrs a day). Most importantly, keep receipts and itineraries for 5 years.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this itinerary is based on industry practices and standard interpretations of OFAC rules and does not constitute legal advice. For more information call OFAC at 202-622-2480.