Customize Your Package by Adding Airfare, More Days and Activites in/or Outside Havana! Your itinerary will be based on your own interest – this is a suggested, general guideline.
Ways to meet the requirements of this Category (Support & Promote Independent Activity to Strengthen Civil Society)
• Provide support by bringing needed contributions like toiletries, home goods, gently-worn clothing/footwear, confectionaries, souvenirs, etc.
• Lodge at a private casa particular (B&B)
• Use private transportation
• Eat at private “paladares” (restaurants).
• Visit with Cuban families to learn about their goals and to get insight into ways to help in the future (vocation training, small business, etc.).
• Engage with locals with licenses (car readers, artists, musicians, book sellers, etc.)
• Use a Cuban guide to explain all the important processes in Cuba (what type of licenses Cuba is providing for private businesses, how private enterprises work, and ways to support private projects).
• Must engage in these type of activities full time (minimum of 6 hrs a day), and keep receipts and itineraries for 5 years.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this itinerary is based on industry practices and standard interpretations of OFAC rules and does not constitute legal advice. For more information call OFAC at 202-622-2480
Note: Further your knowledge by visiting cultural and historical sites to learn more about the Cuban culture (not a support activity)
**TIPS for services not included**