Yes! You can travel to Cuba individually and support private enterprises while you learn from the Cuban people and visit so many amazing attractions. This is the perfect way to connect with Cuba!
Customize Your Package by Adding Airfare, More Days and Activites in/or Outside Havana! Your itinerary will be based on your own interest – this is a suggested, general guideline.
Ways to meet the requirements of this Category (Support & Promote Independent Activity to Strengthen Civil Society)
• Provide support by bringing needed contributions like toiletries, home goods, gently-worn clothing/footwear, confectionaries, souvenirs, etc.
• Lodge at a private casa particular (B&B)
• Use private transportation
• Eat at private “paladares” (restaurants).
• Visit with Cuban families to learn about their goals and to get insight into ways to help in the future (vocation training, small business, etc.).
• Engage with locals with licenses (car readers, artists, musicians, book sellers, etc.)
• Use a Cuban guide to explain all the important processes in Cuba (what type of licenses Cuba is providing for private businesses, how private enterprises work, and ways to support private projects).
• Must engage in these type of activities full time (minimum of 6 hrs a day), and keep receipts and itineraries for 5 years.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this itinerary is based on industry practices and standard interpretations of OFAC rules and does not constitute legal advice. For more information call OFAC at 202-622-2480
Note: Further your knowledge by visiting cultural and historical sites to learn more about the Cuban culture (not a support activity)
**TIPS for services not included**